Life is pretty hard and there’s no sugar-coating it. It’s not fair and can sometimes hit you harder than a freight train, but that’s the beauty of it. Fortunately, there are many life lessons which will help you look at life from a positive angle and teach you how to enjoy it.
Here are 25 life lessons you should follow:
1. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need – you will only overcrowd your home and make it look messy.
2. Life may not be fair, but it’s good.
3. Life’s too short for you to try everything, so try to enjoy it every day.
4. Don’t be a slave to your job – it won’t take care of you when you’re sick. Your family and friends will.
5. Regretting your anger toward God? Don’t worry, it’s OK. He can take it.
6. Cry whenever you feel like it. Even better, cry with someone else – it’s a powerful healing experience.
7. Don’t hide your crying from your children – it’s OK for them to see you sad.
8. Don’t save for things you don’t need – save your money for something that truly matters.
9. NEVER compare your life to the lives of others. You have no idea what they might have gone through.
10. It’s never too late to be happy. It’s up to you to choose happiness.
11. You know the old adage “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger?” It’s really true!
12. Be eccentric and wear crazy combinations now, not when you’re old.
13. You should always forgive but never forget.
14. Miracles can happen only if you believe in them.
15. Envy is a waste of your time. Be grateful for what you have, not what you think you need.
16. Spend time outside every day. There are miracles in nature just waiting to happen.
17. Don’t care about what others think of you.
18. Treat life like a gift, because it really is.
19. Growing old is much better than dying young.
20. Whatever you might think of it, time really does heal everything.
21. Don’t save your special lingerie or candles or nice sheets for a special occasion. Every day is special!
22. Don’t take yourself or life that seriously.
23. Your children have only one childhood, so try to make the best out of it.
24. Remember, the best is yet to come.