There’s nothing anyone wants more than to fall in love with someone and have that love reciprocated. Some have been in love, others are and some are still waiting for that right person to waltz in their life and change it forever. What all of them have in common is the knowledge that love is such a profound and intense feeling that makes an impact on us and changes our hearts and souls forever.
But how many times have you wondered if what you’re really feeling is true love or it’s just lust?
Both feelings are intense and sometimes it’s easy to get confused between the two. And sometimes we simply feel amazing and we couldn’t care less what it is we’re really feeling.
But, we need to tread cautiously, because a broken heart can make your life miserable and can make you feel like you’re never going to fall in love again. If you let yourself fall in love with someone who doesn’t share the same feelings for you or who simply isn’t prepared to commit to you fully, you’ll end up with a heartache for sure.
If you have your doubts, like many others out there, we’re here to help you figure out what it is that you have, is it just lust or is it true love.
First you need to understand exactly what love and lust are and aren’t.
True love is an unconditional and intense feeling of fondness, affection, attachment and warmth. It’s an all-powerful feeling of strong emotional attachment to the person you’ve fallen in love with and it’s a feeling that can withstand all major challenges and obstacles in life.
Lust, on the other hand, is also an intense feeling of sexual desire and it only revolves around sex and physical attraction. Lust, too, is quite powerful, but it’s not a feeling that can withstand time, it’s not unconditional and eventually fades away.
When you fall in love you’re prepared to accept your partner with all their flaws and imperfections, to accept every side of them, the good and the bad. You have to get to know them fully and to love every aspect of them. You have to be there for each other, to support each other mutually and to respect each other completely. When you fall in love with someone you talk about anything and everything, about their past and their future, their hopes and dreams, their aspirations and their fears. You have to see yourselves together and fit perfectly, despite your differences. But don’t be fooled, falling in love isn’t always easy, it takes time and dedication, it needs effort from both sides to make your love work. But when you look into each other’s eyes and realize the profound love you feel for one another, you’ll know it was all worth it.
You’ve fallen in love when:
- You’ve found someone who cherishes you and adores you completely, with all your little quirks and imperfections
- You can’t stop thinking about them
- You feel you can’t spend a day without seeing or hearing them
- You feel love resonates in your ears
- You feel amazing attraction to them
- You’ve found someone who makes your day and makes you happy, always
- You’ve found someone who admires you and who you admire
- You’ve found someone who cares about nothing more but to see you happy
- You’ve found someone who listens to you and supports you
- You’ve found someone who compliments you
- You’ve found someone who thinks you’re the most amazing person in the world and makes you feel like one
- You’ve found someone who you talk to for hours at a time, about everything and anything
- You’ve found someone who makes you want to become a better person
When you fall in love you’re not just choosing love over lust, you’re making a balance between these two as they are both needed if you want to have a healthy, long-lasting relationship.